Alessandro Chiabrera Award for Excellence in Bioelectromagnetics
Dear EBEA members,
The EBEA 2014 General Assembly approved the establishment of the Alessandro Chiabrera Award for Excellence in Bioelectromagnetics. This prize has the main purpose to keep alive Prof. Chiabrera’s memory and scientific legacy, as well as to foster excellence in the Bioelectromagnetics community, by giving recognition to outstanding scientific contributions from early stage researchers. In particular, the following topics are recommended:
- Interaction mechanisms
- Innovative technologies
- Biomedical applications
- Theoretical modeling
- In vitro studies
- In vivo studies
- Human studies
Nominations will be invited annually for early stage researcher (under 35 on January 1st of the year of the nomination). The Award will consist of a prize of € 1200, which will be funded by EBEA directly and through private and company participation (write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details). The Award will be officially presented at the BioEM Conference, and the conference fee for the recipient will be waived.
Candidates must be nominated by an EBEA member and need to provide:
- A curriculum vitæ with full list of publications;
- A letter of motivation describing particular innovative contributions by the candidate in the topics listed above.
A committee composed by the EBEA President and by four other prominent scientists will be in charge of the selection. The committee will assign the Award on the basis of:
- Pertinence of the topics;
- Relevance, innovation and quality of the presented papers;
- Scientific standing of the candidate on the bases of the presented CV (e.g. demonstration of independent research capabilities, fellowships, awards, etc).
The EBEA Council will give final approval before the award commitment.
Nominations must be sent to email@example.com before February 28th, 2015.
Eric van Rongen, President