Dear EBEA members,
We open the call for the fourth edition (year 2018) of the Alessandro Chiabrera Award for Excellence in Bioelectromagnetics. This prize has the main purpose to keep alive Prof. Chiabrera’s memory and scientific legacy, as well as to foster excellence in the Bioelectromagnetics community, by giving recognition to outstanding scientific contributions from early stage researchers. In particular, the following topics are recommended:
- Interaction mechanisms
- Innovative technologies
- Biomedical applications
- Theoretical modeling
- In vitro studies
- In vivo studies
- Human studies
Nominations are invited for early stage researchers (under the age of 35 on January 1st of the year of nomination). The Award consists of € 1200, which will be funded by EBEA directly and through private and company participation. The Award will be officially presented at the BioEM2018 Conference (Portoroz, Slovenia), and the conference fee for the recipient will be waived.
Candidates must be nominated by an EBEA member who needs to provide:
• A curriculum vitae of the candidate with full list of publications;
• A letter of motivation describing particular innovative contributions by the candidate in the topics listed above.
A committee composed of the EBEA President and four other prominent scientists will be in charge of the selection.
The committee will assign the Award on the basis of:
• Pertinence of the topics;
• Relevance, innovation and quality of the presented papers;
• Scientific standing of the candidate on the basis of the presented CV (e.g. demonstration of independent research capabilities, fellowships, awards, etc).
The EBEA Council will give final approval before the award commitment.
Nominations must be sent to email@example.com before February 15th, 2018.
For more details about the award, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Former recipients of the Alessandro Chiabrera Award are Maxim Zhabodov (2015, France), Sarah Loughran (2016, Australia) and Aude Silve (2017, France).