We are pleased to inform you that the landing page for the Annual Joint Meeting of the EBEA and BEMS societies that will be held on 13-18 June 2021 in Honolulu, Hawaii is now live www.bioem2021.org
The next joint annual scientific meeting of EBEA and BEMS will be held in Honolulu, Hawai’i during the week June 13-18, 2021.
Participation of members of both societies in the process of planning the scientific program contributes greatly to the quality, success and richness of our annual meetings. We encourage members of bioelectromagnetic community to share ideas for the next joint annual scientific meeting BioEM2021.
The TPC is therefore asking you to send us suggestions for special sessions (plenary sessions, tutorials, and workshops) based on gaps you detected in the program of the previous meetings. Any new and emerging topic that you think would be relevant at the next BioEM2021 meeting is also welcome. The special sessions format is detailed below.
Please send your proposals to email@example.com by August 31, 2020.
Proposals should outline the topic, the rationale, and preferably contain a list of potential speakers or workshop conveners. Note that a travel support is provided to the speakers selected for Plenaries and Tutorials, while there is no financial support for Workshops. The proposal format is detailed below.
The TPC will make decisions on selection of proposals based on criteria including convincing rationale, up-to-date topic, and excellence of speakers.
Thank you very much for your support. We look forward to receiving your suggestions.
Marnus van Wyk, Olga Zeni, Maxim Zhadobov and Alexandre Legros
BioEM2021 Technical Program Committee (TPC) Chairs
Special Sessions format
BEMS (www.bems.org) and EBEA (www.ebea.org) cover a broad range of disciplines within academia, industry, and governments. The special sessions should appeal to this diverse audience, allowing transfer of knowledge and provide time and structure for useful discussions. To achieve this, excellence of speakers in terms of performance and their scientific knowledge is of importance.
- Plenary sessions:
- To be of interest for the majority of conference participants
- 1 or 2 speakers on focus topics or interdisciplinary session
- Outstanding and highly reputable speakers
- Typical duration is around 1 hour
- Should be educational on a variety of subjects from dosimetry to experiments and statistical analyses
- Should present the principles (e.g. tools and methods) of the research area
- Usually 1 speaker for each topic is proposed
- Typical duration is around 1 hour
- The topic should inform the community on recent advances of a specific appealing subject
- More than one speaker can present
- Abstracts for workshops will undergo normal peer review process
- Typical duration is around 1:30-2:00 hours
To submit a proposal please provide us with the following information:
- Plenary, Tutorial or Workshop session (please select one):
- Short summary (describe the topic in terms that are understandable for a broad audience):
- a) Why the proposed topic deserves its own session?
- b) Does the topic appeal to a broad audience from the bioelectromagnetic community?
- c) What would be the added value to the meeting?
- For each suggested speaker, please provide name, affiliation and email
- Please describe briefly your reasoning for proposing the speaker
- If more than one speaker is proposed, please explain how the talks would complement each other.
We as the Local Organising Committee have worked hard to plan and deliver a great BioEM 2020 conference for you. However, you cannot fail to recognise that we are in unprecedented times dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic, as such we cannot proceed as planned with BioEM 2020.
In agreement with the Bioelectromagnetics Society (BEMS) and the European BioElectromagnetics Association (EBEA), we will cancel the meeting in Oxford, this year.
While we hope to invite you back to Oxford in the future, next BioEM meeting will be on 13-18 June 2021 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
All registered attendees and sponsors for BioEM 2020 will be contacted about refunds.
Further notice from the Technical Program Committee will be given via email and via our website (bioem2020.org/).
Azadeh Peyman and Sami Gabriel (BioEM 2020 Local Organizing Committee co-chairs)
René de SEZE (BEMS President)
Luc Martens (EBEA President)